APP NAME: VIBELY
DEVELOPER: MO’GO TEAM
OS: ANDROID 4.1 UP
APP PURCHASES: NO
Vibely is an app that provides users with information about places where they can enjoy different experiences. The app contains a long list of all the cool places you can hang out at in and around Accra.
Vibely is designed to give you information on where to hang out, the contacts of such venues and how to get there. The app offers a wide range of options – chop, chill, Play, Events, Shopping etc. The target audience for the app is mostly individuals in Ghana looking to experience new things or people looking for cool places to hang out. Tourists will find this app very useful because of the fun activities the app will give them access to.
The app is easy to use and it works seamlessly well with google maps thus users are able to pin and share locations with friends. Users will have to enable the offline mode on google maps to be able to have access to these locations offline. Some categories of activities on the app have lots of different things one can choose from whilst other categories have very few things to do. The Chop, Chill, and Events provide different options for the user. On the other hand, the Service and People categories offer a few options.
- Contact list of places to hangout in and around Accra
- Integrated google maps for location and navigation to the various places
- Access Uber taxis through the app
- Get information about the major suburbs in and around Accra with some popular places in them
- A wide range of social activities on the app.
- Integrated WhatsApp – users can find out more about the places before
- No tour on how to use the app. Even though the app is fairly straightforward in terms of usage, it would be very beneficial if the user is given an idea on how to use the app after downloading.
- No comments / ratings feature. Although the app mainly sets out to just connect users with places/experiences, it will be of great importance if the users are able to comment and rate the services and experiences.
- The app does not allow users to edit their preferences or save their favorite places.
The app basically achieves its set goals with its simple interface. It’s perfect for outsiders looking to jumpstart their experience journey in Accra. Most of the vibes featured on the app are in Accra hence the app won’t be of much use to someone living outside Accra (unless the developers decide to include places outside Accra in the near future). The experiences on the app is mostly geared towards the affluent in society “so if your pocket no shedda deep aa” you might want to look elsewhere. The app does not allow users to edit their preferences or save their favorite places.
The developers of the app should try adding a feature with which the users will be able to save their custom locations. This in effect will create a large pool of places for others to visit.
THE VERDICT ⭐⭐⭐